The estate bears the name “Donna Olimpia 1898”. In 1898, Gherardo della Gherardesca gave the name of his wife, Olimpia Alliata, Lady of Biserno, to the estate to celebrate their 25th wedding anniversary. The estate covers an area of about 60 hectares and is located in the DOC Bolgheri. It stretches over a land strip that runs from Km 167.8 of the Aurelia road inward for about 1.2 km. The morphology of the terrain is flat and is made out of 40 hectares of vineyards and some arable land.